Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Screenplay update

So as many of you know I've been writing a screenplay. Well back in March I finished the first one. Recently I started writing a second one.

Heres an overview of the first screenplay:
Jennifer is your average Joe Smoe from Mid-Michigan, until she discovers her freak singing voice. She grows and learns so much as she learns more and more about where her freak singing voice comes from.

Here is an overview of the second screenplay:
(I'm currently working on writing this one.)
Sarah always knew she was different than most people her age. She grew up singing and acting, so the job she pursues in musical theater. When Sarah and Jennifer meet, they strike up a close relationship that turns out to be more than it seems.

  • So thats where things stand with the overviews for now. You may have noticed that in both overviews I mentioned a character named Jennifer. The Jennifer from the first screenplay ("That Girl I knew") and from the second screenplay (which is still untitled) is the same Jennifer. I have several screenplays I would love to write about the same characters. Each screenplay will focus on a different character, as to show the full picture of what was happening in everyone's lives during the same 50 years or so. It'll be a challenge, but I havent given up yet.

I've already filled up one notebook with scenes I want to use in the screenplay Im currently working on, and have started a second one. I'll try to keep you updated with the happenings with these screenplays...although I dont know how productive Ill be.

No comments: