Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sickness

It's the fall, and you know what that means! It means it's that time of year when everyone ends up sick. Thankfully I've been dealing with a cold that isn't all that bad, so I haven't had to slow down or miss too much. I am not looking forward to this flu season for one simple reason--I'm spending 8+ hours a week around children under the age of 6. If you have children, or know anything about children, you'll know that they carry sickness with them wherever they go. Naturally that makes me more immune to getting a bit sick and catching whatever the children I am working with have or get. I'm literally forcing liquids down my throat in an attempt to keep me from getting too sick. After all the more water I'm drinking the more of a chance of flushing out any bugs I might catch. I've literally downed about 1500 ml today alone. No wounder I feel like I've spent so much time in the bathroom. Did I mention that whenever I wipe a runny nose in my church's nursery I use either soap and water or hand sanitizer directly after throwing out the Kleenex? I'd highly recommend using hand sanitizer. One thing that amazes me is the fact that I haven't ever had a sinus infection, and my parents are actually prone to sinus infections over colds. So how am I so lucky to only ever catch colds and never a sinus infection??? I can't answer that because I really don't know.

No comments: