Tuesday, October 6, 2009

#2

We've been together for quite some time
and you've been there when I needed you
I've been there when you needed me
I've known you since I was ten
you were two
but that didn't mean we couldn't be friends
we were friends from the start
we were friends as soon as we meet

Speeding down this road
all I can think of is the horizon
and of who I was
and the life I can sense is out there waiting for me

I'm miles from everything I've grown up with
yet my eyes are on what lies ahead
the horizon I can only barley see
the only thing still with me on this road
to my new life
is you, my life long friend
you're the only thing with me that has been constant

Speeding down this road
all I can think of is the horizon
and of who I was
and the life I can sense is out there waiting for me

I look back once
but don't look back again
knowing that that's when I wounder if I'm in the right place
wounder if I'm doing the right thing
instead of looking back at the life I once had
I look at you, who is standing at my side
and who is supporting me all the way

And you are there every time I need you
You're always at my side
when you least expect
opportunity walks through the door
and that's when it hits me-this is my chance
my chance to spread my wings
see things from a different view
see you chasing after me down on the ground
as I fly through the air

In a way I've lost you
as I move on with my life
even though you've been with me this long
even though you're still there next to me
even though you're bellow me, chasing me down as I fly through the air
I guess it's time to let go
let things happen when they happen

why aren't you holding me now
why are you so far from me
why aren't you at my side
where are you when I need you the most
are you just a figment of my imagination
or are you real
why am I alone
why am I so alone?

No comments: