Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Donate Buton explination (AKA raising money to record my first album)

As you may notice, if you are a regular visitor to my blog, you'll notice that I added a donate button. Now to explain why I added this donation button, and what that's all about. Since the middle of last week I have been debating weather or not to record a solo album. I did some research, and there is a recording studio in Saginaw that I can do the recording at. And so I had to do some research into how much time and money it would cost me to record the album. I ended up figuring between five and 30 hours to actually record it; which comes out to between 200 and 1200 dollars just for the recording sessions. After that I'm guess up to 150 dollars on CD's, CD cases, and the insert to go with a CD depending on how many CD's I can sell.

Here's where the donation button comes in--
To record I need money, and to make copies of it I need money. And in all honesty I have no money right now since I just payed my tuition today (a grand total of 1294.70 dollars). So if you click on the donate button, you can donate any amount of money you feel like you want to donate so I can record and put out the album. Also, if you are like me and completley broke another way you can help me out is by going to the following link:
http://whyarentyouholdingme.blogspot.com/
and commenting on your favorite set of lyrics so I know which songs are the most popular and should turn up on the CD.
So go donate and help me pick out which songs to include.

Life is too short. Do something fun today.

No comments: