Monday, December 7, 2009

NaNoWriMo novel update

I've spent the whole morning thinking about the novel I wrote for National Novel Writing Month. I also spent about two hours last night thinking about it. Since I started really thinking about it, it hit me that I really haven't finished the novel. Sure I crossed the 50,000 word mark making me a winner of NaNoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org), but that doesn't mean that I really finished the novel. When I was at the end of November, and trying to cross the 50,000 word mark, I thought I had the novel just about done. But what I didn't realize at that time was how much more to the novel there was, and just how much I yet had to write.

When I first began writing the novel, I thought that it would be in two parts. Half of it would be about one family and the second half would be about a different family. That came true. But what I didn't realize was that there were two other parts I hadn't even thought about exploring. Those two parts are about two different characters that appear in each of the original two parts (One of them in the original part one, and the other in the original part two). So now I am going attempt to write the two parts that I haven't written yet and get them put into the novel. I hope it works out.

No comments: