Wednesday, December 8, 2010

November in review

November is over. It's been over for a week. I did do NaNoWriMo, and I wrote over 50000 words! But I didn't finish the novel. So I have been slowly picking away at it as I set a deadline of January 1 2011 to finish it. Then I'll have to set anouther deadline for revisions.

In October I was looking for an idea to write about during NaNoWriMo. I did eventually find the idea that I would write about. What amazed me was how different the idea I wrote in November was from previous ideas I had for things I have written. The one thing that was similar to previous things I have written is that the main character is gay. But other than that, the story line and the characters were so much different. For one thing, one of the minor characters who is also gay was married to a man for several years before coming out and breaking off their marriage. Anouther thing that is so different is the fact that these characters have let me into their thoughts and feelings by letting me see their journals.

No comments: