Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Memories of the Wizard of Oz

I have some very prominent memories from my childhood of The Wizard of Oz. I remember the part of the movie when Dorothy emerges from the house and into the world of Oz, and thinking that everything looks so plastic. It might be weird that I remember how all the plants in Oz, specifically Munchkinland looked like they were plastic. But I was so used to the real thing--true nature--from all of my families camping trips, that seeing plants that looked so fake seemed really weird to me.

I also clearly remember thinking that the way that the Wicked Witch of the West made her enterance to Munchkinland was so cool. And yet I knew that they found a way to make smoke in a single area and had a trap door or something there to get her out of the scene before the smoke cleared. I just thought that it was SO cool that they had found a way to do that. But my all time favorite scene was the scene where they melt the Wicked Witch of the West. I thought that it looked so realalistic.

Do you have any memories of The Wizard of Oz? What are your favorite memories of the movie? What are your least favortie memories of the movie?

No comments: