Friday, March 28, 2008

Astonishing

As I said in my previous blog, I finished writing my first screenplay. I hope I can begin to explain some of the parts of writing this first screenplay that were some of the best days of my last year.

"Here I go, and there's no turning back, my great adventure has begun, I
may be small, but I've got giant plans, to shine as brightly as the sun, I will
blaze until I find my time and place, I will be fearless...be anything but
quiet...I'll be astonishing, astonishing, astonishing at last"
from the
song "Astonishing" from the musical Little Women
.

As I began writing the screenplay last May, I realized that I had a great adventure ahead of me. What I didn't know was how big the adventure I was embarking on really was. As I wrote more and more I learned more about myself than I ever thought I would know, or ever knew. I knew I couldn't turn back, I couldn't go back to who I was before I began writing. I learned so much about myself, and what I learned changed who I am forever. There are parts of Jennifer (my main character) that are based off of myself, and so as I put Jennifer into new situations, I learned things about different aspects of my life that had affected the way I look at different experiences I now have.

No comments: