Wednesday, March 26, 2008

One era ends, and a second one begins...

Just tonight one era of an important part of my life ended, and a second era is begining. At about 8:30 I finished writing my first screenplay. It's a little hard to put everything in perspective right now. It's definatly time for me to start putting it all into perspective.

At about 6PM this evening, I started to work on making the final touch ups on the formating of the screenplay. At about 7PM, I finished the touch ups. At that point I took a break to do some thinking before I made the final edit in the whole screenplay. Finally at about 9pm, I decided that it was time to make the final change.

Now you may be asking me what I'm feeling right now. It's and understandable question to be asking. I really dont know how to feel. I am so excited about the fact that I have finished it, but at the same time I'm so sad that it's done. The journey from having the first idea almost exactly a year ago, to finishing the screenplay today has been a blessing. Last year in early April, I first had the idea for the story. After starting to write the story, I spent six months developing the story. The most recent six months has been even better since I've been able to make a few minor changes to the story so it makes more sense to readers. I've also been able to discover more about the more minor characters that don't play as big of roles as Jennifer does in this first screenplay.

I'm thankful that I have been lucky enough to get to know these characters as well as I have. I am ready to find out where my life leads me next, and what happens to the screenplay. Hopefully I will be able to get this screenplay published eventually. I know I have a second screenplay that I am planning starting to write soon. I will still make lots of posts here about this first screenplay, and any future writing that I do. Thanks to my writing here, I have been able to go back at a later date and find things that I never realized I knew about the characters.

"Every thing you imagine is real" Pablo Picasso


No comments: