Tuesday, November 4, 2008

100th post

It's my 100th post here...this post probobly will be short considering I have to head of to class shortly (even though I really dont want to go!).

It's been kind of a long day between getting to school, studying for class, voting in the election, and trying to catch up on e-mails and other internet related things. I have been way to busy latley. I can't wait for thanksgiving when things will calm down, even if its only for three or four days.

Last night I had a bell choir rehersal. It was one of many rehersals between September and December. The weird thing about last night was that I finally realized just how close I've gotten to the other people that I play with. After the rehersal was done our director, Diane, had myself and a couple of other people stay after the rehersal. That was when I realized something...Diane said something about how when i moved during the rehersals from E and F four to Bflat and C 6 and 7, she expected me to ring the Bflat and C like I ring the fours (ring them so hard the Bflat and C would make our eardrums burst), but was amazed that I didn't. I hadn't really thought about how big of a change that is until Diane mentioned it. Becky (one of the other people I play with in the bell choir) also said something to me that kind of amazed me. She said something to the extent of that I wasn't just one of the youngest in the choir and hadnt been playing as long as some other people had, but also am at the same level as someone else in the choir. I can't wait for the thanksgiving eve service at my church--we're doing a mass bell choir with two or three bell choirs from the area which will sound amazing!

No comments: