Monday, January 14, 2008

After class

I've been home for about 45 minutes now. I thought I would write anouther blog. Why write anouther blog? I don't know why. I just like writing blogs. I am sitting here watch my brother do some homework. I really should be studying right now, but I'm not. I spent about three hours studying this morning, and I'm planning on doing about anouther couple of hours this evening.

I hate it when my brother or dad takes over the table leaving me almost no room to use for homework.

Tomarrow is going to be a longer day for me. Tuesdays I have Anatomy and Physiology and Psychology with a five minute break between them. I then get home at about 4:30, and leave again at 6:45 for my bell choir rehersal. The bell rehersal runs from 7:00 until 8:30. I'll come home and do some homework before heading to bed.

It's stopped snowing for the most part, but there is some snow on the ground. I love having snow on the ground.

Here's something I wrote about two months ago. It isn't perfect, but it captured what I wanted.

Standing together
up here with these bells
just the four of us
all four of us together
we're all here together
and we're all happy
we're so happy
we're all friends

[chorus]
What a momentstanding here with you
playing these bells
just standing here
feeling so usefull
One sits down
the other three stay standing
the second plays three notes
the third plays five
then points at the forth
who plays one note
in the whole peicebut their all happy

[chorus]

Afterwordsyou take a step closer
wrap your arms around me
and lean into me
but that's why I love you
we can hug
we can laugh
and we can be ourselves
in public
or on our own.

I wrote that after one of my many bell rehersals. During that particular rehersal, Becky and I found something that we hadnt seen before. Neither of us are gay, and Becky is married. That night we discovered a connection that we had never noticed before. We discovered that we both share a lot of the same interests, but we also feel a lot like sisters. I don't have a sister (from the same parents), but I do have a lot of sisters that are my friends. Becky and I have developed a friendship over the past couple of months that I don't think I'll ever forget. I have shared a stand with Devon for some time now, and we have developed a friendship because of it. During our last rehersal, there was a section where Devon and I shared the melody (we play the BIG, well not the biggest, bells.). After we finished the song, our director (Dave) turned to us and said that we had a perfect balance during the melody. You know that you have a good matchup if you can get that, especially if we aren't really thinking about it.

I need to get going and do some homework now, change cloths, and take care of the cat.

Love ya all!
Erin

No comments: