Friday, January 18, 2008

"Complete Peace" Update

A new blog-Yipee!

I don't have the deleted scenes here at home. Currently those scenes are with a friend. I will get them back in a couple of days, so I'll post that then. I am currently working on the MASSIVE project of completley renovating "Complete Peace". I have decided that I am going to write a second version of "Complete Peace". I am keeping the third draft. I'm doing a complete re-write for a reason- I wanted to have two different versions of the same screenplay to choose from. I might find things from both versions I like and do anouther complete re-write again to get what I wanted to end with. I never know what will work the best until I have tried it all.

The first version I wrote (which is in it's third draft) starts before Jennifer is even born. I like this version because you see everything that happens in chronilogical order.

My newer version (the one I working on writing now) starts at the end of the story and goes backwards. I like this version because of the fact that you see where everyone ends up. It has also forced me to question the questions more about what happens to them later in life, which I never really got into before. I also like this version because of the fact that I have been able to find a few new things that I already knew, but just didn't think about before.

This re-written version will (HOPEFULLY) help me to find moments that are important to the story that I never really thought about it. When I first started writing this re-written version, I decided to go to the time shortley after Jennifer dies. Yes my main character dies. Thankfully she doesn't die until she is 85. I love the fact Jennifer dies at an old age. I had to start with the moment that Jennifer's family scatters Jennifer's ashes to the wind the day before the fourth of July.

You might be asking why I choose the third of July. I choose the third of July because Jennifer loves the fourth of July and fireworks. Jennifer always went to see the fireworks in Wisconsin. She always loved the colors, the sounds, the sights, and the smells of fireworks. Not only did she love the fireworks on the fourth of July, but she also loved spending that time with her family. To completley understand the reason behind scattering Jennifer's ashes on the third of July, you have to know a story of mine. Every year around the fourth of July my family goes to Wisconsin for the Fourth of July. On the Third of July we will all go down to the dock to watch the boat parade (people light up their boats- one year there was a volcano that actually erupted). That always happens at dusk. Within minutes after the parade, other people on the lake that have been on their docks watching the parade start to set off fireworks from their docks. This has always been a highlight for us. We enjoy setting off a few fireworks, and we get to watch other people's fireworks. It's almost like having our own private (ameture) fireworks show. I decided on having Jennifer's family scatter her ashes on the Third Of July on a Wisconsin Lake that her family spent every fourth of July at because Jennifer also loved the fireworks that were set off by the average person.

The first scene brought out a couple of relationships between characters that I never really thought about before. I never really thought about the fact that Rachel and they young Kristen are very close friends (not to mention that they are sisters). Both Rachel and Kristen went to school together and shared a lot of the same likes and dislikes. They both reminded me of a friendship that I have with one of my friends. I also never thought about the fact that Julia and Sarah are able to share the loss of a loved one in a way that they can't share with anybody else. Sarah lost her mom at young age, and Julia also lost her parents at a young age. Now Sarah and Julia have lost their wife, friend, and mother.

I really don't know how I am going to end the re-written version yet. I'm still deciding what I want to end with. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I know this next section doesn't really fit in this blog, but I'll do it anyway. I hope all of you have had a good week and have an even better weekend! I probobly won't have a ton of time to write a blog this weekend because of the fact that my dad's birthday is this weekend, and the Packers play the Giants on Sunday night. GO PACKERS! IF any of the players happen to be reading this (but you probobly aren't), please win the game Sunday for all your fans (especially for those of us in Michigan, and those who have their birthdays on Sunday). We really want to see you guys go back to the super bowl again (especailly Farve!). Who says old guys can't play football? We WILL still love you guys if you don't win Sunday. Hopefully this next summer I can get some time off of work to go to Green Bay to see their training camp again.

I need to get back to my homework now.

Love ya all!
Erin

No comments: